So, I've had to come up with a few strategies for the "I don't wanna cook!" nights.
- Pizza - with a few veggies & a pre-made crust, we can have yummy, vegan pizza in 30 minutes or less (LOL). Here are a few of my pizza combos
- Vegan sausage, mushrooms, tomato sauce
- Mushrooms, onions, basil, some pre-made vegan cheese (either homemade if I have it or store-bought)
- Broccoli, vegan feta (homemade), kalamata olives & spinach
- "beef" flavored TVP, jalapenos, refried beans & vegan cheddar (store-bought)
- Risotto - we always have some veggies & arborio rice around, & that's all it really takes to make a risotto. I pretty much just pick a broth, add wine, sauteed onions, some vegan margarine & vegan parmesan & a veggie or 2 & an herb
- Mushroom & Spinach
- Winter squash
- Peas (add lemon juice)
- you get the point...experiment
- Quinoa Bowl - I stole this from a local restaurant, Dandelion Communitea Cafe.
- 2 servings Quinoa
- 1 can any beans, drained, rinsed & warmed
- 2 raw veggies, chopped or sliced
- Any salad dressing
- Cook the quiona (directions here). While it's cooking, chop the veggies & cook the beans. Spoon the quiona into a bowl, add the beans & veggies, top with dressing...mix & eat!
- Freezer foods - just make a big batch instead of enough for your meal. When dinner is over, take a few moments to portion out & freeze the leftovers. Just be careful with gravies, they tend to separate when frozen & thawed.
- Spaghetti & other pasta sauces
Wild & Bright Blessings!