Friday, February 11, 2011

I am...

I am
The woman 
Who held your father's hand 
As he died
Who offered her shoulder for your tears and grief
I am 
A friend
A mother
A teacher
A nurse
A wife
The one who saw you struggling
And shared your load
I am 
The friend who reminded your husband 
How precious you are to him
Who held your daughter 
When she contemplated suicide
Who offered a smile when you radiated anger
I am
The woman you regard highly
Who you call friend
And
I am 
A witch
If you knew
Would you
Be shocked?
Frightened?
Offended?
A Witch
Held your daughter!
Befriended your husband!
Consoled you!
A Witch!
Would you still
Love me?
I am
Still
Me

~*Rhi*~
)O(

1 comment:

  1. I really wish we lived closer. I am going through such a proud/disappointment time with my son and I just cant get grounded and centered. I cant still my mind long enough.

    ReplyDelete