Monday, February 14, 2011

Rose Glycerite

Valentine's Day seemed the perfect day for making Rose Glycerite.



Ruled by Venus & the Element Water, Rose has always been associated with love.  Deities associated with Rose are Hathor, Hulda, Eros, Cupid, Demeter, Isis, Adonis, Harpocrates & Aurora. 

Rose also has the power to heal & calm (along with increasing psychic strength, divination, protection & luck).

My Rose Glycerite was made with the intention to heal of past wounds inflicted by me & others, so it has been infused with the intention of self-love. 
First, I placed a handful of dried red roses into a small jar, then I covered them with vegetable glycerine & put in a small, rose quartz bead.

Next, I cast sacred space around the Love Altar that resides in our bedroom, placing the potion on the altar.  After lighting the candles, I placed a rose quartz generator on top of the jar.
To raise energy, I meditated on opening my heart chakra & then chanted Ohm with the jar nestled in my sports bra, between my breasts (sounds a little odd, but it's a great way to transfer vibrations!) & the generator in my lap.  Following my instincts, I then chanted my name, the word heart, the word, love & the word healing, over & over until the jar was warmed by my heat & the vibrations. 

Finally, I opened the jar & chanted these words directly into the potion.  With every inhale, I experienced the wonderful fragrance of roses.

Lifting the circle, at the end, I felt a deep peace.

The jar of Rose Glycerite will need to sit for 4-6 weeks under the generator quartz, in a dark place to mature.  Each day, I will open the jar, stir the mixture & chant love into the potion. At the end of maturation time, I will decant the concoction into an amber or blue vial, adding a tablespoon of brandy as an additional preservative.

Of course, on the 19th, I will be taking my new creation out under the Full Moon!

Once it is mature, Rose Glycerite has amazing heart-healing (emotional) properties.  It is especially wonderful for self-forgiveness & for overcoming childhood traumas.  You only need a drop or two & it can be taken directly on the tongue or placed into a bottle of water for sipping.

Wild & Bright Blessings!

~*Rhi*~
    )O(

2 comments:

  1. It appears I will be making a section in my BOS entitled "The Teachings Of Rhi".

    Warmest thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you are enjoying the posts! I just love being a witch , don't you?!?! Such fun!! I'm honored that you are putting some of these in your B.O.S. Blessed Be.

    ReplyDelete