Sunday, June 5, 2011

Chocolate Chia Power Pudding

Chia seeds are high in Omega 3 fatty acids - essential nutrients that are terrific for our hearts & minds.  Omega 3's are helpful in reducing heart disease & in improving the symptoms of depression.  They've been used for thousands of years, but are relatively new to Americans.

I've been using Chia seeds on & off for years & really notice the difference in my energy & emotional wellbeing when I slack off.

Today I created a yummy, light dessert from chia that I thought I'd share:

Chocolate Chia Power Pudding

2 cups Almond milk or other nut milk (if you must use dairy, go for the low fat version)
2 Tbsp cocoa powder 
1 Tbsp goji powder (I just ground up dried goji berries from the health food store)
1 tsp vanilla
pinch of salt
2 Tbsp honey 
2/3 cup chia seed
1/2 tsp cinnamon
Stir all ingredients together & refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.  The mixture will appear too thin until the seeds soak up the liquid, but after about 30 minutes, it should be the consistency of pudding.

Top with berries for an especially yummy treat.

Wild & Bright Blessings!
~*Rhi*~

1 comment: