As everyone around me gets ramped up & excited about the December holidays, I start to experience:
- Afternoon slumps with decreased energy and concentration
- Carbohydrate cravings
- Decreased interest in work or other activities
- Increased appetite with weight gain
- Increased sleep and excessive daytime sleepiness
- Lack of energy
- Slow, sluggish, lethargic movement
- Social withdrawal
Personally, I think the last "issue" (inclination towards misbehavior) is probably the one I need to nurture.
- An obsessive need to strangle anyone singing Christmas carols
- The desire to smack the crap out of those well-meaning bell ringers
- A huge variety of excuses as to why I cannot attend holiday parties
- An absolute refusal to decorate my home with an embellished tree
- A general inclination towards misbehavior
Or, maybe Winter is the time I need to slow down, focus on home, sit quietly & meditate.
What if all this angst is because my major totem animals are gone this time of the year?
Perhaps it's time to focus on some of my other totem animals:
Maybe the meditations of the week will be - "What would Jaguar do?" & "What would Wolf do?"
Off to meditation land!
Wild & Bright (ok, a bit dull) Blessings,