Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Heart Chakra

Moving on, we are at the heart chakra.

Compassion is the name of the game here...compassion for self & for others.  Unconditional love.  A tough one for humans!

It's about spiritual awareness & letting go of Ego.  Definitely not about giving up yourself to others, but combining love for your true self & love for others.  There is a reason the first 3 chakras are all about safety, security, desire, personal power...without this base, you are unable to extend love to others in a healthy way.

Think about that for a moment.

Do you sacrifice yourself in service to others, leading to exhaustion?  If so, make sure you spend some time on the lower chakras before working on the heart.

For heart, we look to emerald green as our color.  Some wonderful stones are emerald, jade, rose quarts.  The heart chakra is associated with air (think about your breath) & touch.

While many herbs, including lavender & jasmine are highly associated with this chakra, my intuition leads me to rose.  During this time period, I will be faithfully adding Rose Glycerite to my daily water.

My meditations during this time period will focus on Compassion Meditation.  Tomorrow, I'll post a guided Compassion Meditation that was well received at a local witch's meet-up in February.

If you're working on chakras, I highly recommend Dr. Lorin Roche's work, Radiance Sutras.  I was blessed this past weekend to attend a workshop based on his work.  It was amazing & I'm getting the book as soon as I can!

The mantras I am adopting for the Heart Chakra days are:

"I forgive & release myself from the past.  I forgive & release any who have harmed me.  We are all one."

Wild & Bright Blessings!

*~Rhi*~
    )O(

No comments:

Post a Comment