I've been drawn to the chakra system for quite some time now. It resonates with me well, as I was trained in Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs in school.
The colors usually follow the same pattern as the chakra system & there are some significant parallels.
So, for the next 3 days, I delve into the first chakra, the root, Muldhara. The root chakra is at the base of the spine, where you're sitting. It is where the snake, the kundalini, coils when resting.
The root is concerned with physical safety & security, health & well-being - eating, sleeping, exercising, financial security - basic physical life functions.
This doesn't sound very spiritual, but if we look at it from a Maslow's perspective, we can understand that without physiological well-being, the rest is on shaky ground. I think of the root chakra as my grounding mechanism.
Activities for Root Chakra Days:
- Walking to connect with the Earth - a moderately paced walk feeling the connection & support of the Earth beneath my feet. Special attention to the scents I notice & how they affect me.
- Nutrition - focus on high-quality proteins mixed with whole plant foods
- Create a Chakra Altar with Root focus for these 3 days - red altar cloth, bowl of dirt, rubies & garnets, cedar incense, my dragon & whatever else I find that speaks to me of physical safety, well-being & security, grounding, etc over the 3 day time period.
- Tree grounding meditation (tomorrow's post)
- Affirmations: I am nourished, I am well. I am one with the Earth. I have all I need.
- Mandela creation with focus on red & earth.
- Final ceremony at end of Day 3 recording affirmations (or what ever feels right) onto ribbons for the Earth Pole in my Medicine Garden.
Wild & Bright Blessings!