Sunday, January 9, 2011

Risotto Soup

Tonight, I needed a quick dinner after a tiring day.  Luckily, I have a habit of making too much risotto & last night's version was sitting in the refrigerator. 

I trusted my kitchen witch's intuition & turned it into soup.  Oh my gods & godesses! It was delicious!

Here's the formula:

4-6 cups broth (I used Bryanna's vegan chicken-style broth powder)
2 cups leftover risotto (tonight's was mushroom, leek, butternut with white beans)
Chicken-style TVP

Toss all into a pot & heat until TVP is soft.  Sprinkle with fresh parsley and/or green onions.  Serve with crusty bread.

The funny thing is that both of these meals - last night's risotto & tonight's soup - were a result of the "I've got nothing left in the refrigerator to eat & no time to go to the store!" syndrome.  For some reason, I had some unused leeks and a few mushrooms in the crisper.  And, the last time I steamed butternut squash, I didn't need it all so tossed the rest in the freezer.  Tossing in the beans was simply a whim. 

Really, risotto is perfect for using those odds & ends left after a week's worth of cooking. 


Happy eating!

~*Rhi*~
    )O(
oh, & Wild & Bright Blessings!!

No comments:

Post a Comment