Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Remedy for Headache

Today, I woke up with a headache. Not just any headache, a MIGRAINE!
I knew there was a reason I researched headache remedies yesterday. 
 So, I brewed myself a tisane (tea).

 
2 Cups Water heated to just below a boil
about 5 sprigs fresh Basil with flowers*
2 tsp dried Feverfew
2 tsp Lavender
2 tsp Skullcap
2 tsp Lemon Balm
Cover & Steep for 20 minutes

*I have basil growing in the garden, or I could have used 2 tsp dried Basil.  To harvest, I simply stood in the garden for a few moments to connect with the plants.  Then, I asked them to help me with my headache.  2 of the 5 Basil plants were in especially good shape & I felt their pull.  Normally, I cook with all of them, harvesting equally, but felt that I needed the strongest plants today.  I kept hearing "flowers" in my head, so I honored that & snipped 5 sprigs about 6 inches long with the flowers attached.  I thanked the lovely plants & crushed the leaves by hand before adding the leaves & flowers to the water. 

After 1 cup & about an hour, my headache is almost gone!  This is amazing, because usually my migraines last for days.  

The next cup is cooling in the refrigerator to become a compress with 2 Tbsp chilled Witch Hazel.  

This remedy was a combination recipe I developed from my herbalism sources, and also instinct.  The last migraine I had went away for about 30 minutes while I was chopping basil, so I thought I'd give it a try.  

Wild & Bright Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment